"Getting a Fresh Start"
Isaiah 43:18-19 English Standard Version (ESV)
18 “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
The acronym "START" which instructs me to:
Stop making excuses: The only person who can ruin my life is me...it’s a choice.
Take an inventory of my life: Am I comfortable with the person I see in the mirror?
Act in Faith: Do I really believe that what I believe is really real?
Refocus: Re-think the way I think – why do I do what I do at work? in church? with family?
Be "SMART" when I set goals and ensure that they are:
Trust: him or her? To what degree am I willing to trust? Explain
In whom do I trust? Why do place my trust in
Proverbs 3:5-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Think "FAITH": Forsaking All I Trust
- Do I need a fresh start in my life? If so, why so? If not, why not?
- Do I want a fresh start in my life? If so, why so? If not, why not?
- How did I discern that I was "getting lost" and how did I feel?
- Given that I became totally lost, what steps did I take to discovery where I was, where I was trying to go, and how to get there?
- In what areas of my life have become or am feeling that I’m becoming "lost"? Explain.
- What steps do I need to take to discover where I am, where I want to go, and how to get there?